GLS styrenic TPEs are generally non-abrasive and non-corrosive. The selection of tool steel will depend on the quantity and quality of parts to be produced. For high volume production, the initial expense of quality tooling is a sound investment.
A wide variety of tool steels are available for injection mold construction. The table below lists the properties of common tool steels and the typical mold components for which they are used. Soft metals, such as aluminum and beryllium copper, can be used for prototype parts or short production runs up to 10,000 parts.
Some part designs may benefit from the use of higher thermal conductivity materials such as beryllium copper. This material is less durable than steel and may hob or wear faster than steel if used at the parting-line. Beryllium copper can be used for inserts, slides or cores to increase heat transfer rates and reduce cycle times. In cases where there is a long draw core, a fountain-type bubbler may be beneficial.
|Steel Type||Steel Properties||Mold Component|
|P-20||Pre-hardened, machines well, high carbon, general-purpose steel.
Disadvantage: May rust if improperly stored.
|Mold bases, ejector plates, and some cavities (if nickel or chrome plated to prevent rust).|
|H-13||Good general purpose tool steel. Can be polished or heat-treated. Better corrosion resistance.||Cavity plates and core plates.|
|S-7||Good high hardness, improved toughness, general-purpose tool steel. Machines well, shock resistant, polishes well.
Disadvantage: Higher cost.
|Cavity plates, core plates and laminates, as well as thin wall sections.|
|A-2||Good high toughness tool steel. Heat-treats and polishes well.||Ejector pins, ejector sleeves, and ejector blades.|
|D-2||Very hard, high wear characteristics, high vanadium content, somewhat brittle.
Disadvantage: Difficult to machine.
|Gate blocks, gib plates to prevent galling, gate blocks to prevent wear.|
|420 SS||Tough corrosion resistant material. Heat-treats and polishes well.
Disadvantage: High cost.
|Cavity blocks, ejector pins, sleeves, etc.|
we provide a total concept solution from design and tooling to production, fulfillment, and packaging. The combined effort of our designers and toolmakers results in molds that ensure quality, precision tolerances, and optimized cycle times. We have the capacity to mold parts with complex geometries and variations in wall thickness.
1. Small details make big difference. We promise:All the parts from our company have no sharp edge. All dimensions are controlled according to your drawings. Every product will be fully inspected and carefully packed to prevent the bump and rust in transit .
2. The craftsmanship of all parts we machined is controlled rigorously, Every product has its own process card and process chart.
3. Our quality inspection procedure is quite strict.it must self-inspected during production, we have flow inspectors and professional inspectors.
4. Each size of product must be tested one by one after completing production and provide quality report.
5. The most important point, we are the entity factory, not trading company. Price is the composition of the actual product quality price. Quality can guarantee more controllable higher than trading company. The price is competitive, at least reducing the trade company’s service fee.
6.We have many years of export experience,exports to the US,Europe, Japan and other countries and regions.
7.Our team are more professional. We have more reasonable price and better quality controlling than trade company. And our language ability is also diversified.
Custom Plastic Moulding Company
If your product is still in the concept stage, you only need to present your ideas, product features and appearance requirements. Our engineers will give you the best solution, recommend the most suitable materials, and help you take the lead in the market.
We are ready and looking forward to cooperate with your next project, Contact Us Now, you will be satisfied to choose us as your partner in injection mould manufacturing& injection moulding processing.
ISO 9001:2015 and IATF16949:2016 certifications are just the beginning of our commitment to quality at Diversified Plastics. Our continuous improvement program includes identifying new technologies, improving manufacturing processes and reducing waste to deliver the highest quality injection molded components.